My son is going to play the Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H LH'ed putter with variable
depth groove technology come spring.

Here is a pic of the head:
http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Ping-Scottsdale-TR-Shea-H-Strg-Mens-Putters-Steel/
10039430/Product

It has the 365 gram head weight he likes + a long sight line + severe toe hand
for strong arc. putting style - to replace his custom YES Callie.

They make a Ping Scottsdale TR Shea with slant-neck (easier to modify), but head
is lighter in weight with moderate arc which he doesn't want.

He has been looking for this design for a few years now - finally found it.  I
will do some custom mods then a B/Day gift from Mom and Dad.

As with all of his other putters, I will pull the head and install a UST
Frequency Filtered shaft + Balance-Certified counter weight + SC putter grip.

Stock putter has adjustable putter length but he doesn't care for any stock
adjustability.  He knows what final spec's he needs in a putter.

Since hosel is flush with outside diameter of the shaft tip, is there a trick or
two for removing the stock steel shaft with no cosmetic blemishes?

I have a 2-ton pneumatic Python shaft puller but it rests against the lip (top
edge) of the hosel, but with a flare-tip there is no lip to anchor against.

Just thought I would ask a few of the experts.

Thanks in advance . Harry, www.GolfDNA.com <http://www.golfdna.com/>