Dear all siesta users,
I'm trying to relax my structure as a device for transport calculations.
The problem is at first the max force is decreasing but after few steps, it
starts to increase the force as

Max 0.079799
Max 0.079719
Max 0.079560
Max 0.079341
Max 0.096854
Max 0.165617
Max 0.283777

I tried to change MaxCGDispl, MeshCutoff but in any case, this trend
doesn't change. The only way that comes to my mind is to stop the
calculation and again start it with the lowest force but it takes too much
time. I provide here some part of my input.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks, Ziba

NumberOfAtoms 192
%block kgrid_Monkhorst_Pack
1 0 0 0.0
0 1 0 0.0
0 0 1 0.0
%endblock kgrid_Monkhorst_Pack

DM.MixSCF T
DM.MixingWeight 0.02
DM.Tolerance 1.d-3
DM.Require.Energy.Convergence T
DM.UseSaveDM T
DM.NumberPulay 8
SCF.MixAfterConvergence T
MeshCutoff 700 Ry
PAO.BasisType split
PAO.BasisSize SZP
PAO.EnergyShift 0.05 ev
PAO.SplitNorm 0.16
MD.MaxCGDispl 0.01 Bohr
MD.VariableCell F

Also, I'm using GeometryConstraints and rigid in siesta 4.1-b4.

[image: image.gif]
[image: image.gif]
[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&;>
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&;>
10/05/21,
04:15:24 PM
--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a