also see appsumo.com -- a YC startup that is very close to a B2B-Groupon
site. They cater for startups and often provide discounts for related
ebooks, 99designs credits, mailchimp etc etc. Often in "bundles" where you
get some great deals (and a bit of crud to go along with it).

Interestingly they used to do software group buying deals and last year
sometime they pivoted to do mostly startup SaaS services -- luckily the name
works for both apps and "web apps". I'd be interested to hear the story
behind their pivot.

Of course the real benefit of this kind of group buying is that it's truly
global, and you don't need nearly as many sales people...

Brendan.