I believe the details for the kindle are that it will allow lending for up to
two weeks (during which the lender can't read it) once only per book IF the
publisher allows it. And you need a kindle (or kindle app on another platform)
to receive it. A step forward but nothing amazing.

Having said that I love my Kindle 3 but it isn't replacing books for me. More
of a supplement.

Sent from my iPhone