On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 09:54:10AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Andre Pang">
>
> > >   ppp1      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
> > >             inet addr:10.0.0.1  P-t-P:10.0.0.120  Mask:255.255.255.255
> >
> > What does 10.0.0.120 resolve to?  Is that ppp01?
>
> Yeah. So, /etc/ppp/pap-secrets had three lines explicitly mentioning the IP
> addresses, like so:
>
>   *   *   ""   10.0.0.120
>   *   *   ""   10.0.0.121
>   *   *   ""   10.0.0.122
>
> Which did not please pppd at all. It far prefers a single line, like this:
>
>   *   *   ""   *

Hi Jeff, sorry it's taken me a while to respond.  conscious &&
at_home => FALSE for the last few days :).

One solution you might want to try is to _not_ use
options.ttySx:

1. edit /etc/mgetty/login.config, and change your AutoPPP line to
   look like:

   /AutoPPP/ -     a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd debug call in_@

   (the @ will get replaced with the username of whoever is
   logging in)

2. edit the files /etc/ppp/in_$username, and put all your options
   in there.  they're the same format as a normal ppp options
   file.  you can put the IP addresses in there.

3. edit /etc/ppp/pap-secrets so it looks like

   $USERNAME     *   password  *

of course, this uses a different IP addresses for each user,
rather than different IP addresses for each port, which hopefully
is okay.  maybe that'll work for you :).

[ hmm, i just realised the subject line says 'Fixed!'.  ah well,
  serves me right for not reading it first.  i'll send this anyway
  :) ]

--
#ozone/algorithm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          - trust.in.love.to.save