On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > Could someone re-iterate the gist of these comments? Is 2.4.10 worth
> > installing, or is it fubar?
>
> 2.4.10 is the controversial Andrea VM kernel. I've been running the SGI CVS

Whatever that means in English. :-)

> tree at this version for some time, and it works very nicely. Jaq has
> mentioned that 2.4.8 is his favourite though (SGI CVS too), which was pre
> 2.4.10-pre10 with the Rik van Riel VM.

Jeff, do you _ever_ speak plain english? :-)

> You might want to try a recent ac kernel, as that's what most of the distros
> are shipping at the moment anyway. ;)

I'm trying to stick to the kernel tree's provided by SuSE, because they
have all the extra bits the distribution relies on built in already.

I've got a choice of 2.4.7 {working, but still with occasional lockups due
to kernel paging requests going bye-bye - less than 2.4.4 did though}, or
2.4.10 {which I'm busily downloading now, but am unsure if I really wanna
install}.

Seeing as you're hard core debian, I doubt anything except saying "I'm
switching to Debian tomorrow" would enable you to give me more information
than you already have. :)

DaZZa