Tess,

Besides good advice you taught me a lesson re closing one's mind. My attempts to use my Intuos tablet with Gimp goes back a fair way and it would not work at the time. I also read a statement somewhere that Gimp still needed a driver for that purpose. So my mind shut down on the issue. After reading your email I googled and found the Intuous site has a Linux driver for my GD model Intuos. I was in XP which I recently had to reinstal because of a virus, and lost my Intuos driver in the process, so I downloaded the Windows version first. Then, switching to Linux Red Hat found it now worked there without further download. Because I was in a rush I have not checked out pressure sensitivity yet. Thanks for the advice and a lesson about my own mind set.

My quest for the Dragon substitute now begins launched by your other suggestion.

John.

Tess Snider wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:04:53 +1000, john gibbons