This one time, at band camp, Jeff Waugh wrote:
><quote who="Simon Wong">
>
>> I want to be able to connect to a server running X and GDM, login, do some
>> stuff and then be able to disconnect and reconnect at a later stage (like
>> Citrix Metaframe allows you to do) with my applications, xterms etc still
>> running.
>>
>> Is this possible with GDM and XDMCP or will I get a new session everytime
>> I connect to GDM?
>>
>> I want to be able to get a whole desktop rather than just X forwarding of
>> applications.
>
>You'll get a new session every time you connect.
>
>So there's a few ways of doing this, all of them are a bit lame at the
>moment (at least in relation to your specifications), but there's some very
>interesting stuff in the wings.

There's one other tool, x11vnc on debian, which does almost the same thing;
You run it as an app on someones x session and it allows VNC clients to
connect.  It means you need to have your user always logged in and have
x11vnc running though.

Maybe suitable for a quick hack but I'd recommend GNOME 2.8 for real rockin'
remote desktops.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg