QuantumG wrote:

Jacinta Richardson wrote:

G'day everyone,

You are invited to join us in a talk by Paul Fenwick about Presentation Mind Control - how to make other people think your talk is much better than it really is. Come and learn some great tips on how to improve your presentations.

Ok, I'll bite. WTF. If you have something worthwhile to say, geeks will listen to you. We don't need this motivational speaking crap. Or is this about making presentations to the mindless masses?

Whilst working with my previous employers, I learned two types of presentations, namely: 1. Market driven presentations - presentations that make customers feel good about a product or products. 2. Technology driven presentations - those that focus in describing the product in a technical sense, what it can do, where to go and get help, and perhaps, how it can benefit a customer.

No 1. are for sales persons or people whose job is to make money for the company. No. 2 are for Systems Engineers or people whose task is making the product work efficiently and reliabley.

Maybe, just maybe, the presentation to be made is in category No. 1 but the title is worded inappropriately considering that the composition of the audience(perl mongers) is leaning towards the technical.

O Plameras