On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 09:17:55PM +1000, Christopher Vance wrote:
> On 8/27/06, Jeff Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >to as the 'universal operating system', and is deployed on the tiniest of
> >embedded devices to the largest of clusters, grids and carrier grade
> >(beyond
>
> I'd like a trivial way to install a minimal upgradable system -- say
> everything required to boot and run apt-get, and nothing else -- but
> the ubuntu-minimal package (+ a kernel) seems to have far more in it
> than that.

That's because it's the minimal *Ubuntu* system, rather than the minimal
*Operating* system.  With preseeding (the package list question, from
memory) I think you can stop the system from installing even ubuntu-minimal,
but for absolute minimalist installs, you can't go past a basic
debootstrap+postcleanup script.  Toight loik a toiger.

- Matt