Hi,

Is it possible with scontrol to change the number of cpus that were
granted to a job while its running?  Say a user requests 32 cpus/task “-c
32", but there code isn’t multithreaded and thus just uses one core and 31
cpus go to waste.  Anything to be done at that point?  Or just ride it out
and educate user?

NumNodes=1 NumCPUs=32 CPUs/Task=32 ReqB:S:C:T=0:0:*:*
   Socks/Node=* NtasksPerN:B:S:C=0:0:*:* CoreSpec=0
   MinCPUsNode=32 MinMemoryCPU=32000M MinTmpDiskNode=0

I tried modifying the jobs mincpusnode, and numcpus, but that leaves
cpus/task that I don’t think can be adjusted.  Thank you!

Chris