From: Daniel Letai [mailto:d...@letai.org.il]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:29 AM
To: slurm-dev <slurm-dev@schedmd.com>
Subject: [slurm-dev] Re: What cluster provisioning system do you use?

Another vote for xCAT here - been using it for ~3 years now, on installations
ranging from 8 to 1+k nodes.
Once you get to know xCAT it's quite easy to manage, although familiarity with
perl will help in any troubleshooting or customization (not required, you can
do without, but it helps).

That said, I've been meaning for a long time to look at foreman
(http://theforeman.org/) especially with it's good integration with
puppet/chef/salt etc. which increasingly become more relevant to large cluster
management.

xCAT's integration with configuration management tools is somewhat lacking,
from my experience.