>> Anyone experiencing the same thing?  Any idea how to fix it?

> a lot probably -- that's why it has been dicussed into exhaustion on
> community with qi udev does suddenly the right thing on your host and
> sets up an ethX device.  check with ifconfig -a for the new one.

[...writing a refutation explaining how you're just an idiot wasting
 everyone's time and everyting ... then finally realizing what you're
 really saying...]

Aaaahhhhh!  So those threads were talking about "usb0 -> eth0" renaming
on the host side, not on the Neo side.  Now I get it.  And yes, that's
exactly what I'm bumping into.  Thank you very much, and sorry for not
trusting you at first.

        Stefan