The book Model Aircraft Aerodynamics (4th edition)
did turn out to be hard to obtain.

The one source I can confirm for the book is
Amazon.com.uk  http://www.amazon.co.uk/
14.51 british pounds including air mail shipping.
At today's exchange rate that is $24 USD with
delivery expected in 5-7 working days.
I found it amusing that they used my
Amazon.com (USA) customer number, shipping
address and VISA card on file.

I first tried Amazon.com (USA).  They do not list it.
I inquired with their customer service.
They sent back a form letter that stated:

> I've searched our catalog for that title and determined that we do not
> currently list it on our website.  Since Amazon.com only deals in
> items available through American or Canadian suppliers, there will
> always be some titles we cannot supply.  Please note that if a title
> is not in our catalog, we cannot obtain a copy for you.

I have corresponded with Martin Simons about this
problem.  His publisher (Nexus) claims that it will
be available at Barnes and Noble and also from
Motor Books International of Osceola.

I tried Barnes and Noble's web site.
They did not list it as of yesterday.
Maybe it is in the pipeline and will
appear later.

I have not been able to locate a web site or
phone number for Motor Books International.

I did mention the uk source in a Model Aviation
column that I sent in last week.  With the lead
time, that column (february issue) will appear
around the 1st of the year (assuming the world
does not end). :-)

Mike Garton

Michael Garton          Office (515) 294-1429

Center for NDE          Fax 294-7771
223 ASC II              Home (515) 965-8593
1915 Scholl Road
Ames, IA 50010          email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]