Keep in mind that air is a fluid. The movement of which is Fluid Dynamics. As
an engineering student this was one of two classes that sent shivers up my
spine. Icky stuff. As an Electrical eng. student, I fortunately didn't have to
take a Fluids course. I think the mechanical guys did.

To make matters worse, we're typically slope flying in the boundary layer
which is subject to lots of extra fun stuff. Because of my ignorance this
comparison could be faulty, however, I compare the slope to an airfoil. I
would think that separation bubbles will form due to a multitude of things in
this boundary layer. Thus we get bumpy lift.

Bill Swingle
founding member of the "Bump City Milk Dogs"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pleasanton, CA