Howdy folks!

A while back a customer gave me an idea -

Just when I thought I couldn't make them any stronger and damage resistant, I
tried adding an internal Kevlar D-tube structure into the leading edge of a
Vortex wing.

The previous stock carbon/glass laminate is now backed by a Kevlar D-tube
from the leading edge, back about 2 inches.  The Kevlar is not the light
stuff either - It's 3 oz uni Kevlar (very tough).  The D-tube is incorporated
using much more than special molding techniques as some of the competition
uses.  No...  The methods used on my kits are truly EXTRA special!  :-)

Impact tests are even more impressive now...  At first I was afraid the
Kevlar would make repairs as difficult as foam based molded wings...  But
it's not a problem.  The carbon/kevlar/glass combo tends to take-on the
qualities of the carbon when cut and/or sanded - And it takes incredible
force to cause damage to the leading edge.

>From this point forward, all Fuse Works molded kits will include the Kevlar
D-tubes in the wings.  Well...I got to get back to splitting oak logs for
fire wood with one of my test wings!  :-)

http://members.aol.com/fuseworks/

See Ya,

Steve