[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I never have figured out why the Alpha 4 lovers are so darned loyal, but that's OK. Battery chargers aren't anything but a fancy power supply, but some are indeed shiny and more user friendly than others.

1) It's not a big clunky thing. Ok, the packaging will only win awards for being antique... So it doesn't take a lot of space in the box.

2) It charges 4 batteries at once and more than one can be a transmitter.

3) It will cycle batteries when we want.  No extra widgets needed.

Lots of folks make nice, pretty chargers, but they rarely give you more than 2 chargers in the box and they don't have as convienient a set of interchangable charge plugs or don't have an AC adapter.

And they work. I've been using them for a long time. I have purchased 3 of them, but I sold my first one several years ago. And they hold value pretty well.