Martin:
Those rotary switches on the synth modules are not designed for
continuous use.

Not sure what continuous means, but lets see, about 4 years since I did the conversion on my RX, same module, and a personal goal to try to fly every day somewhere in the world (failed that one a bunch,,,,damn weather!..and work :-) But  and incredible amount of use and those dials are still snug and the module still dead on .  Its been wet a bunch of times, radio and all, contests and slope...frozen and cooked.

So while Martin is right, in fact they are pretty much invulnerable in our usage.

Now the numbers have been gone for a while and I had to use a ink pen to remark them a few times :-)

Gordy
FT Lauderdale tonite, Key Biscayne tomorrow