From: Charly Whitaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 19:15
To: Soaring
Subject: [RCSE] Re: Getting back to you..

Hello,
  I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for writing to me.  Talk
about getting an education while looking for a glider...LOL  Also even
managed to run into a fellow kite flier along the way.  My name is
Charly, and I own "Kite Classifieds"  WWW.kitelife.com/classifieds and
Steve Bixby and I have met each others a few times.  (are you going to
kite party 4 Steve?  I can't make it this year)  Back in the early
1970's while stationed in the military at Fort Monmouth, N.J. I got into

flying gliders.  In my off duty time I went to work for Ernie Weiss who
owned J and J Enterprises.  J and J produced such kits as the "Banshee",

the "Trouble Maker" The "American Eagle" glider, and "Ed Norba's quarter

midget mustang" among other things.

  I also met Arnie and Ingrid Peterson who lived near Sandy Hook area.
Arnie and a friend who I can't remember were developing the "Nebula"
glider.  That was my very first foam cored and wood sheeted winged
glider.  I was spoiled after that, and from then on everything had to
have foam wings with wood covering...LOL  I even made the rest of my
control line planes with foam wings that were wood covered.  I was lucky

enough to have a friend with his own home made foam cutting system.  I
got out of flying in the early 1980's (about the time I got into kite
flying...LOL), but I have always missed the peace and quiet I enjoyed
while out flying my gliders some where.  Like I said before when I got
out of flying gliders the hot thing was foam cored wings with wood
sheeting the wing.

  Thanks to all of you that have written I am learning that things have
changed a lot since I left the sport back then...LOL  So let me change
what I am looking for just a little then.  I would like a fiber glass or

carbon fiber fuselage with foam cored wings covered in what ever they
are using to replace the wood I use to cover wings with.  I would also
like to find a glider that is electric powered if possible because I
hate using hi starts, and there usually isn't a lot of room around
Seattle to lay out hi starts.  I am also looking for a thermal glider
and not a slope glider.

Thanks Again
Charly Whitaker

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note
that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format
with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail
and AOL are generally NOT in text format