From: Paul Naton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:21 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] Incedence Meters

Beware the cheap digital angle meter.  The Hanger 9 unit has some
problems - mainly erratic readings and low repeatability, which is what you
need.
There are some threads on RC Groups about these problems.

However, the Aero Perfect device may not be on the market much longer.
The small company who makes it has had some big increases in part costs
lately
thus the higher price.  This unit was designed for the high end Pattern/3-D
market
initially but I saw potential for the glider world and got a  unit to use in
the DVD.

As with any product, its marketing, marketing, marketing, and the Aero
Perfect guys are engineers,
and not promoters. Enough said!  They were not selling enough units make
money.
I gave them some marketing advice and I think they want to try it out before
they end production.

If you bug them with e-mails, you might be able to get them to build you
one, at a price, but
this thing is mil spec and will last a lifetime.  Sure got my planes
digitally accurate!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The angle measuring unit is the expensive part, and I hope some sort of
device can come on the market with the accuracy and repeatability of the
aero perfect.
Love the concept and the unit. Now if the price point can come down for the
masses!

Paul