Gordy,

Thanks for the reply, I took your comments as you meant them.  A bit of background  on me:

I mainly fly fast electric sailplane (warm and hotliners).  The only competitions I have been in have been the F5B contests in VA and in Canada.  I went to the Polecat DLG competition last year. I performed miserably but I enjoyed the contests.

A friend of mine told me that if I wanted to compete I should turn to the thermal competitions.  Hence my interest in a light cheap easy to build 2 meter.  I definitely want to build my plane.  Its one of those if I build it I know it better vibes.

That said, I have the following planes:
Stratos SLE
Thermik XL 4 meter
RW2 F5b
FVK bandit
Victor F5B
Parkzone Typhoon (that will be sold as soon as I find someone to give me $99)
Stack of SGII cores (cut by me on my feathercut), CF, Tailbooms, DLG pods, FG and lots of building materials (but I don't think I am ready to use this stuff).

The problem with all of these planes is that I need a lot of room to fly them so that means a trip to the field.  I want something simple and easy that I can fly hands off so I can take care of that 'itch'

So maybe I will just go with the Winddancer as I am used to performance.

Is there anything else that's comparable to the Winddancer that I can build in a kit?

Jay

Hi Jay,

Fact is this..no one on this list actually dabbles with electric gliders of any sort, the exception are the guys who have an F5J Sp400 competition ship, the model alone without gear starts at $350, and they need a minimum 8 channel computer TX.

Planes like the Chryslis are considered toys for soaring.  Don't get me wrong, the fly great and are great, but they don't fit into any real category of competition, so aren't often bought or built by the guys on the RCSE.

The Wind Dancer is a serious sailplane and a serious competition electric.
I own a Pulsar 2005, full house electric, maybe the top competition ship in the market today...and I have flown it twice in 2 years....yawn :-)

So if you notice that you aren't getting much response, its because we don't have anything to offer.
The best plane to get is the one that gets you in the air fastest, as in flying.  Weight has little to do with performance.  Houses are heavy, have no servos, or flaps or airfoils but often fly for miles at a time...in Kansas.

You see if you find lift with a sailplane, it will stay up.  The key words are these "YOU find lift".

You won't learn to find lift with out flying.

Chose a plane and fly it.. a lot.

Good luck.
Gordy
I fly sailplanes more often, more places in the world,with more guys, than anyone else on Earth.