Scott

I will defer to those who have been flying and trimming full house gliders for a while, but I will tell you what I did. Let me start by mentioning that an LSF V was advising me. This was a learning experience for me too. By the time I got my GP Spirit 100 ARF balanced I had 14 oz of weight in the nose. I was reluctant to even try to fly it. I was advised to move the CG to just forward of mid chord, which meant taking a lot of weight out. I did that. I was also advised to check the incidence of the horizontal stab. I did that and found that I had 3.75 degrees of ( leading edge low) incidence. I was advised to take most of that out. I got a piece of 1/4 X 1 spruce, sanded it to a taper long enough fit the stabilizer saddle. I kept the leading edge of the taper as close to 1/4 inch as I could. I believe I took 2 to 2.5 degrees of the negitive incidence out of the stabilizer. I have flown it and it is a floater. It is very sensitive to lift and was easy to control. I am used to power planes and will say the response was sluggish by comparison . Still working to get it trimmed properly.

Harold Jackson
scott harter wrote:

Has anyone flowen the Gp spirit 100 arf? Have you changed the cg location from its original location to a diffrent one? If you have where did you move it too? I noticed my spirit has a lot of nose wieght and is sluggish in response to rudder and elevator inputs. Any help in correcting this would be very helpfull. Right now I have my square battery pack in the nose. Two full size servos in the forward servo locations. And the reciever is up against the forward fuselage former in the tow hook area. So I have moved everything forward as far as I could. Then I mixed the shot in the bag with clay and packed that into the nose. The plane balances just forward of the recommended 4 1/2 inches from the front leading edge. Why did i use clay to hold the shot? This way I could remove the wieght later on if i need to correct the cg location. Then I could make it more perminent later. The plane has been high start launched only it flies level with nuetral elevator input. But again it is very sluggish on response to rudder and elevator movements. thanks for your help Scott Harter