From: Chuck Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 3:24 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Lithium Ion batteries

I first used Nicads in a model in 1963 and in my transmitters shortly
after.  I have plug and forget chargers and battery testers for my
equipment.  I have no need for more advanced technology that can
start fires if misused.  Anything that stores power has the potential
of starting a fire but Nicads can't fuel the fire.  If I have a need
for new technology, then I will use it but I see no need to use
something just because it is new technology.  After all, I was using
Nicads for my airborne power packs long before most modelers.

Chuck Anderson

t 01:47 PM 10/20/2006, you wrote:
>An accurate statement would be why do folks not follow instructions, and
use
>due diligence with new technology? It certainly is not the battery or packs
>fault when they fail...
>

>Simon Van Leeuwen
>PnP Systems - The E-Harness of Choice
>Radius Systems
>Cogito Ergo Zoom
>

>Quoting Chuck Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Why do so many people want to put a fire bomb in a transmitter or in
> > a model other than electric?  The NiMh batteries in my Evo will last
> > about four times longer than I will ever fly in one day.  If, by
> > chance, I do fly longer than normal, then I will simply recharge the
> > transmitter with the SiriusCharge mounted in my van.  In fact, I
> > normally use the SiriusCharge to charge my transmitter and model on
> > the way to the field so I always start with a full charge.  I haven't
> > been  very happy with the service I have gotten with the NiMh and
> > Li-ion batteries in my cameras and computers so I have decided to
> > stick to Nicads for my model and replace the NiMh battery in my Evo
> > with  a 1100 mah Nicad battery when the existing battery dies.  I
> > will only have enough battery to fly three times more than normal but
> > I can live with that.
> >
> > Chuck Anderson
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format