In a message dated 2/19/00 1:42:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, DRBLOTT writes:

<< While at the Mid-Winter Electric meet last week, I was talking to a
spectator that came in from Florida. He commented that he was hesitant to
come for the Electric World Championships and the International Electric
Flight Festival in August due to the large crowd and the relatively small
field.  He was under the impression that these events would be held at the
same place as the MWE. I told him that the event was going to held on Fiesta
Island, directly across the channel from the MWE, on a site easily 10 times
larger than the MWE site location. He commented that would be a good point to
clarify in the advertising.  He then made accommodations at the Navy BOQ for
the EWC2000 and the IEFF events. >>

Mike:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. By copy of your e-mail I am posting
notice that the Electric World Championships 2000 and the International
Electric Flight Festival, to be held August 3-12 in San Diego, CA, will in
fact take place on Fiesta Island in Mission Bay. This site is huge and will
more than accommodate us flying both the F5B and F5D events at the same time
as well as plenty of room for parking, Operations Tents and 30 Vendor tents.

This will be the biggest electric event ever held in the United States and we
have made the necessary arrangements to accommodate our visitors from all
over the world. For more information, contact the EWC2000 website at
(www.sefsd.org).

Thanks, again.

Ron Scharck, Director
Electric World Championships 2000