Eric Weder wrote:

> >I'm using a slightly larger, significantly cheaper version....
> >
> >>Good luck
> >>and Thanks for sharing
> >>Kerry
> >

> Anybody with more information on small and/or cheap GPS chips for use in this
> sort of application, I'd like to hear it. I'm contemplating a similar project.

http://www.mtl.marconi.ca/Docs/CMC/Components/superstar.html
something like that? I have no idea about pricing, but it weighs 0.05lb
(22g) dimensions: 1.8 in. W x 2.8 in. L x 0.51 in. H; (46 x 71 x 13 mm)

I think it would be cool if i could record the entire flight path of my
glider (like a blackbox). If it records the exact location
say every 0.5 sec i could analize it with the computer and figure out
speed etc. (that's not airspeed tho)
A neat project, alltho an autonomous sailplane tug really gets me
drooling :-)

Regards,
Gerard Saraber
[EMAIL PROTECTED]