And makes spot landings a bear!

      Len Revelle                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          N9IJ                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      AMA 60055          http://user.mc.net/~lenrev

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 07:39 AM
Subject: [RCSE] Inverted V-tails

> I have noticed a lot of high performance research aircraft (suck as
the model that recently flew across the Atlantic) use an inverted
V-tail.  I remember reading somewhere the advantages of this
configuration, but that information fails me at the moment.  I assume
the is an increase in effiency due to the end plate effect.  I seem to
remember there is a reduction in adverse roll coupling.  Is there
anything else that makes this configuration desireable?  And yes, it
does look cool too...

> Kristopher
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send
"subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]