Hi guys,
I just finished bagging a wing for an old fuse and tail feathers that were
laying around. I intended the wing to be used for RES class, so it is
polyhedral. The trouble is that when assembled, the wing looks flat and may
not have enough polyhedral. I just used the TLAR  ("that looks about right")
method to determine the poly. I'll list the specifics below. Does the wing
need more poly? If so, I can do one of two things: kick up the tip panels, or
add ailerons. Can I add enough poly just by raising the tips? Thanks in
advance!
Wing specifics:
120 inch total span, each wing half is 60 inches.
each half is triple tapered, first panel is 10 inch constant chord (24 in
long), second panel tapers to 7.75 inches (also 24 in long), third panel
tapers to 5.5 inches (12 inches long).
First panel has 3 degrees dihedral (wing rod is 6 degrees), second panel has
6 degrees of poly relative to the first panel, third panel is flat with the
second panel. I could add poly to this third panel if needed.
Thanks again for any advice,
Stan Sadorf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"designing without a license"