>Joe Wurts wrote:
>A header note.  This is all pretty silly to discuss on RCSE.  All of the
>relevant facts have been posted and reposted over the last month or
>so.

I am a pretty smart fella, and I have finally solved the measurement
problem!  So, now it is off to load the truck for Mid-South, where we
will get an opportunity to measure everyone's throwing height with
complete accuracy.

Here's how we did it...

I had my wife get about 120 little party hats (you know, with the
elastic strap).  She carefully numbered them in permanent ink from 1
to 120.  Then I brought in a monkey wrangler to round up 120 monkeys,
and we started strapping on the hats.  The little fellas are really
smart.  They all lined up in order by their numbers (I don't know how
they knew what number they had since it was written on their hats and
they couldn't see it).  Then number 2 jumped on number 1's shoulders.
Number 3 climbed to the shoulders of 2.  Number 4 made his way up to
the top of 3.  This continued until we had all 120 monkeys balanced
on each other's shoulders.  Did I mention that these fellas are
really smart?

Well, I took my plane and gave it a launch.  Guess what!  Number 67
caught my plane.  But, he and 68, 69, 70, and the rest above that
fell to the ground.  I asked the monkey wrangler if they were ok.
His name is Tim.  We counted the monkeys on the ground and subtracted
that number from 120.  It was hard to count because they kept running
around.  I had to chase the one that had my plane.  I guess he wasn't
as smart of a monkey as I thought.  He was trying to fly with the
elevator on the left stick.  Silly monkey.  I ignored him after that.

Well, I'd better go help the wrangler load the truck.  Look for me at
Mid-South.  I'll be the one wearing the party hat with number 67 on
it!

- David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]