I didn't know Dave THAT well either, but got a chance to talk to him a
couple of times when he came over for the IMS show in Pasadena.

Once (I think it was two or three years ago) we even had the honor of having
him talk at a Torrey Pines Gulls club meeting during his stateside swing. In
general, the entire monologue was entertaining and informative, but he
brought the house down when he explained how he had to sometimes counsel US
authors who wrote articles for QFI.

Since TPG is a "hotbed" for hand launch glider activity and the IHLGF was
but a few months away, he wanted us to all know that we had to be careful in
phrasing articles. It seems that the phrase "hand toss" has a completely
different connotation in the Queen's English......  He did it absolutely
deadpan.  There wasn't a dry eye in the house.......

Randy Warner
TPG