All glass is a "good thing" for hlg wings. My Uplink uses a single layer
of 1.4oz glass overall with a second layer extending out about 5 inches
from center on the top and 4 inches on the bottom. I put a shear web in
out to the poly break at about the high point in the wing and cap it
with a 1 inch strip of 1.4 oz glass. I use 0.013 inch pre cured glass for
the shear web but a strip of 1/64th inch birch ply will do as well. If
you use any carbon in the wing, you need to put enough in to carry all of
the load as the glass will flex beyond the breaking point of the carbon.
Glass is also a lot cheaper. I put a 1 inch strip of 2.5 oz glass on the LE
to solve the midair problems.

--
Dick Barker
Seattle, WA