The Boxster gets its name from combining "Boxer" (which is the name for the
water-cooled flat six engine that ferrari developed in
the sixties) with "Roadster".
I should know, I have the Boxster #1047.  I put an order in 14 months before
production began in the fall of '96.
Dave Malone    (BTW- HLG wings fit in the passenger seat and the rest of my stuff fits
in the 2 trunks) this IS the ultimate vehicle
for Comps.