This was an exchange between me and Jim in Illinois yesterday, its exactly
the kind of post that should be shared on RCSE.  This ends my tirade about
the subject :-)  I hope Jim doesn't mind me sharing his words with all of you.

      Hi Jim,
had Dinner with Stu Firday nite!  The Cobra USA thing is still in full
swing and they 'hope' to begin production by March 1.....
Yesterday I flew a Cobra for most of the day, it was the F3B
version which the way I understand it is exactly the same as the Lite but
the
lite has ligher tips.

For a rocket plane, I felt it thermaled better than my Addiction blended
wing.  They do need rudder to keep from slipping in turns though, so a
little
more flying was needed.  The lift was 5 to 7minute air and I got a chance
to work
small, tight bubbles, low and moving fast downwind, and the Cobra excelled
at
that kind of flying.

I feel its one of those planes that takes some tweeking, but when its
there, you can't live without it.
Gordy

Gordy,
Thanks for the note!

I've been lucky enough to talk to Daryl about setting up the Cobra at the
Nats, my setup is close, I am a little less than 1/8" in front of his CG,
and we'll, he has big cahones where he sets the towhook...  8-)  I'm a
little more conservative then that.  Your summary is good, and I do have
more rudder mix than the setup manual indicates, I think it's 100%!  (and
your left thumb at times) 8-)  The Cobra has a good step, I like that.  And
it's very responsive, and not that particular about windy days.  Another
strength of this ship is working waves, the smallest amount of camber and I
can surf a wave back and forth and just go right up on top of people, won
several rounds like that at the OVSS final at Muncie.  It's a great Muncie
plane.

The best thing the Cobra gives you is the launch.  Nobody is going to out
launch me when I fly the Cobra unless they are flying a Cobra.  Period.

I've really modified my flap setup on the new one, I get close to 80
degrees, so I can really slow her down fast, but it's not like you park a
ship like that on its flaps on approach.  The F3J Cobras land better than
the F3B ones due to the less weight.

When  they start making them again I will buy an extra one for back up,
that will be a plane that I will be flying for awhile.

Jim