I know there's been much discussion this year about this receiver, but my local shop's
just got them in (replacing the R500).

I seem to remember that originally they were very poor, but JR's changed them since
then (longer aerial, ...). These seem to have longer aerial.

Is there someone who can fill me in on the current situation? Are they OK now? Would
you dare put them in something hard and fast?

By the way, I'm in Australia, we're talking 36MHz.

Charles C.