Other component options:

Line: I'd recommend 40 pound test monofilament fishing line.
You don't need the strength, but it's less prone to tangle than
the lighter stuff. It also doesn't twist due to tension.

Hi-start seamless rings: Go to pet store, buy two choke chains for
small dogs, cut or bend off the chains, you end up with 4 small
seamless rings. Small seamless rings are hard to find in hardware
stores.

Hi-start winder: electrical cord winder, available at department
and hardwares stores. These are usually orange.

Chutes: dynaflite chute is strong enough, but I usually make
a minor mod: thread a small piece of string just under the
top of the chute, then loop and tie this string around the
tow ring. This keeps the chute closed tightly when there is
tension in the line. The dynaflite chute, when unmodified,
has a tendency to pull through the two lines that loop around
the tow ring, and won't completely close with tension (after
a few sessions).

Stake, a pet type coil stake (15 inches) for semi-soft ground,
a straight stake for hard ground.

In my case, I bought a small dynaflite hi-start kit, dumped the
string, and the small winder. I used the tubing, stake, and
chute from the kit, and bought more tubing, rings and fishing
line, and cord winder as described above.

Histart setup:

I use 3.5 to 1 ratio for line to tubing ratio. I pull back
3 to 3.5 times the length of the tubing (assuming it's the
standard latex (including Hollyday) tubing.

To attach tubing to ring, make a half loop, slide through
and then back over ring to make a square knot. If there
a line or other tubing on the ring, pull a loop of the
attached line through the ring, thread the new tubing through
the loop you just created, then pull the old loop back,
creating a loop with the new tubing, and pull the new loop
back over ring to form square know.

To tie fishing line to ring I use the uni-knot with 7
or 8 turns, as described at:

   http://www.stripersurf.com/andeknots.html