People who cast a lot of lead(as in bullets) will tell you that a 10lb pot
can be emptied explosively by a drop or two of water.  I have never had this
experience due to extreme caution, but I have heard of a drop of sweat
causing it.  Among bullet casters "no water" is rule #1 in the manual.  Lead
will stick to whatever it hits and continue to burn til it cools.  I used to
cast bullets by the hundreds before changing interests.
                                                 Brice