Greetings all,
I've been lurking here for some time, enjoyed most of what I've
read, been shocked by some (those few negative folks generate
more heat than the many quiet, happy folks now don't they...)

But I do have to say, MOST of you are the GREATEST bunch of
nice folks most people may ever meet.  May I one day earn the
privelege to be a full member of this group of people.

Just this past Saturday in Haskell TX, I was at a contest for
2M, RES, and Open Class (is that right?)  After observing the
reigning 2001 AMA RES National Champion, Dwayne (Paul) Landreth,
and many other fine competitors fly, I was invited to fly
Dwayne's 99 inch RES plane.  (No pressure, you're just a beginner
flyer, flying the National Champ's own plane, that just a few
weeks before won the AMYA RES Nats, in front of 20 other very
good pilots, sure..... no pressure...)

I have never flown that big a plane solo, and never flown over
a 4 minute slope or thermal flight. Some longer flights in
electric Zagi's and such, but not by highstart and thermal.

Thanks to Dwayne (and Steven Pepper and EE Frierson, and many
others) I was able to complete my first 8+ minute thermal flight.
And not a bad landing either!  Dwayne (and the others) were very
encouraging and this helped me overcome my fears of wreaking
someone else's aircraft.

Meeting and flying with folks like that (As I'm sure many of you
are) was a VERY memorable moment for me, and I'm sure will help
me along in my soaring experience.

Blessings and Thanks to ALL of you,
(yes, even the negative folks, please forgive any spelling,
punctuation, or grammar errors... <g>)
David