Dieter,

I agree that a good molded plane is a joy to fly.  I think the point is that
the inevitable crash that will occur as you learn combined with the expense
of the plane can stop people in their tracks.

It is kind of like teaching parallel parking with a Ferrari.

I don't think there is a magic number on when someone is ready for a molded
plane.  I think as far as manufacturers and retailers go, they probably hope
that it is early on!

I just think (crunch) of my first (crunch) planes and all the time (crunch)
I put into learning (crunch) how to fly them.

JE
--
Erickson Architects
John R. Erickson, AIA