Well, just in case it wasn't mentioned a bajillion times, one way to go is
rig your own release on the HLG to activate when you pull full deflection on
the elevator. There is plenty of debate which way to "excurse"; full-up or
full-down. Both versions have merit, myself, since full-up is my automatic
panic mode, even when it's wrong to do, If things go bad right off the bat,
I'd pull full up and try to loop out of it, like I do off the hi start.

Another way to go might be to make the release disconnect automatically when
you roll inverted. Kinda unscrewing it;-)  Cradles are easier for HLG, but
not as sexy as a tow.  When I had a 3-channel plane, I just put it on
attached to full spoiler deflection off the spoiler servo on the Aquilla, if
I blipped spoilers quick, I didn't lose too much altitude off the launch, and
the weight saved by not needing a fourth servo just for release made a
difference then.