Karlton and any other 3030 guru's,

I have been charging my 3030 with a HiTec CG335 charger but have been
cycling the Tx batteries by leaving the Tx on until the screen goes dead and
then charging.  I've done this 5 times now as recommended in the manual. The
low battery warning came on while I was doing final checks so I put it on
the charger, but...  Now I'm ready to fly for the first time with this radio
today but I can't get the charger light to come on unless I hold down the
start button. It is charging when I'm holding down the start button because
when I turn the radio back on the volts are higher than before.  Anyone have
any idea what's going on with this?? And please don't tell me that I need a
different charger unless that's the only way out of this box...

Any and all assistance greatly appreciated...

Joe