This may have been done before, but I first learned of it in Chris Kaiser's
write up on the Kahu. Even if you are not building a Kahu the write up has
many good ideas.

http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles/kahudlg/chriskaiser_kahudlg.htm

The procedure: Move the ailerons out of the way (down). Add some tape
(scotch is ok for HL) along the span. Then with a thickish camel hair brush,
brush some talcum powder on to the the exposed sticky part. Trim it to the
proper width.

Also, I should say I don't really know whether doing this is worth it except
possibly for the apparent damping effect. I have not taken the time to try
to model a tape on the top surface in xfoil to try to see what really
happens. Seems clear to me though that it has to be difference since the
flap position is effectively farther back on the top when using camber and
the same on the bottom. Also not sure what the thickness of the tape does
compare to an open gap. Tony Rogers did some similar work to determine the
effect of the distortion of the airfoil shape due to the material in spar
cap. His conclusion was that it did not degrade performance. A good project
would be to do the same analysis for the gap seal tape, hinge tape (if
used), and the spar cap. IE modify the coordinates of the foil to have these
elements and compare in xfoil.

Tom