Mark,

Mark Drela wrote:
> [snip]
> One very important item I left off my list is the
> max flap thickness at the hinge line.  This has
> a big effect on the torsional stiffness.  Tom Clarkson
> is using an extremely thin wing, so that's likely
> one factor there.  Maybe Mike Fox's wing is a lot thicker.

I wasn't sure whether you're saying thinner is more likely to flutter, or
thicker is more likely to flutter?

-- James
    James R. Osborn  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |   \        / \ |
  Up and Running LLC * http://www.upandrunningit.com |-.  \   _ /\\_/ |
     Computer and Information Technology Support     |  '-.\ / \\/    |
    (510) 377-4514 Office  *  (510) 232-2575  Fax    | ____' \_/      |