> How about experience with 225's ?

I have had two (3?) HS 225's that have died suddenly.  One I
was adjusting the pushrod and when I hooked it back up, it was dead...
no warning. Died with far less than 50 hours on it. This was an
elevator servo.

The other on was new, less than 5 hours, and it died right after
launch.  I had preflighted the plane and saw the aileron move, then
when I launched it the aileron was frozen (thankfully in the neutral
position).  This one was  weird in that it was holding the aileron,
but acted as if it wasn't getting a signal.

I sent both back to Hitec and am waiting for them back.

Both were in Sailplanes and were not subject to vibration (aside from
the occasional "landing").

Hitec's are good products and a great deal for gliders.  But I am
concerned about their reliability also.  If the frozen servo had been
on the elevator, I would have lost the plane for sure.  I'll keep
using them because I can't beat them for the price and can't afford
the good stuff yet.

Ken