If you're talking about THE Portland, that's a loooong way to go in a
small plane. Too bad, because there are some nice slope soaring spots,
one of which is even in town.

If you're talking about Portland, Oregon, I can't help you.

(I once rode an extra 20 minutes in a car because the driver was trying
to get back to Boston, which he knew was near the water. He was from the
west coast so he went west because he knew that's always where the water
is.)

--
Lincoln Ross