At 11:10 AM -0700 4/23/02, Pete S. wrote:
>I believe I have bit off more than I can chew by
>investing in the "fun" that comes with a full house
>glider. I've got a Condor (NSP variety, not MPX or
>Slegers) that I thought I was ready to histart.
>Set initial CG per Sal (43% back from LE)

  All of those new generation plane will not fly off a hi-start if you
just "let go" of it at the start. You will need to throw it hard to
get it to flying speed, before the control surfaces will respond to
your command.  You mention that you did not use flap to launch, then
it might stall at first and roll off the tow line. Do you have a club
to fly with? get some one who is knowledgable to trim out the plane
for you.

As for the CG, you said 43%, is that on the root rib or the mean chord length??

All sailplanes are tamable, just you need to process the correct
knowledge and LUCK!!

Brian, been there, done that, but forgot...........