I agree, fly the plane first, but I had very few choices- pull up and fly
over my head into the line of waiting pilots; pull up and turn to my right
into the winches/launching planes; turn to my left and fly into a couple of
large debri/dumpsters and wreck my plane, or just dump the plane into the
ground, also possibly wrecking it.  I should have dumped the plane rather
than fumble with the TX, the time delay while trying to save my plane was a
mistake- but I just hate to destroy a fairly new plane, especially one that
flies as good as the Compulsion.
Walter