I use the Hosemonster unlimited short bungee Aerofoam
sells and it works great for landings, many times you can thermal out from that
altitude also.  But beware,
make sure all is well with your plane before launching.
There is a lot of energy stored there, I launched a
almost new Compulsion, had some elevator problems on launch- it buried the plane into
the grass clear up to the wing leading edge! F#$k me!  The brand new FS01 wings were
destroyed on their 3rd flight-wing rod was totally tweaked also.  Amazingly,
the fuse was undamaged- that Compulsion fuse is WAY more robust than it looks.
Walter
---
GG