Hi all,
I temporarily attached a 3/16 drill to a convenient alloy tube and slid
the "long drill" down the fus. Until making contact with the offending
bulkhead in the lower quadrant.  Then it was a simple matter to twiddle
the shaft with the thumb and fore finger until the drill went thru.
Then insert the ariel tube and the job is nearly done.
To improve the radio range I added approx 20 inches to the ariel and
took it up the inside of the fin and glued the end to the top fairing.
End of range problems.
Regards,
John Ensoll.
Builder, Flier,Fly fisherman.