LOFT uses three skill levels Sportsman, Expert and Masters.  You have to
be subjective in placing flyers in there class.  After a full season of
contests we award trophies for each class and usually move some flyers up
a notch.  Of corse any one can chose the highest class if they want.
Have fun with it.
Mike Remus
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:40:21 -0500 "Bill Rakozy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> Hey Team!
>
> As an AMA CD & President of our soaring club (Minnesota RC Soaring
> Society),
> I'm interested in stimulating and encouraging a healthy contest
> atmosphere
> (while recognizing that some are interesting only in flying for
> their own
> personal enjoyment).  I'm of the opinion our contest experience
> (represented
> below), may be shared by other clubs across the country.
> Appreciate your suggestions.
>
> Typical Example:
>
> 10 or 15 guys show up on a Saturday morning (which is a good
> turnout).
> Winds are reasonable (5-8 mph).
> Let's say you have (2) rank beginners who have no intentions of
> "competing"
> (3) Spirit Elite (ARF's) and a Gentle Lady (Rudder/Elevator) pilots
> (2-5) RES pilots.  Most built-up planes, but one is a composite RES
> (3) Full-house planes including a NYX and Sharon
>
> Hi-starts and a winch awaits...  now what?
>
> Question:
> How do you hold a (meaningful contest) with such a wide spectrum of
> (sailplane types) and (experience level)?
>
> Pastor Bill
> President
> Minnesota RC Soaring Society
> www.mrcss.org
>

> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send
> "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and
> unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME
> turned off.

Mike Remus
V.P. LOFT Glider Club
Fort Wayne IN