This is a note to all of you Soaring Nats entrants or potential entrants. I have just reviewed the latest registration info as of 2/22/2004 as it is shown on the LSF web site, www.silentflight.org and so far the entries appear to coming in quite well for all categories with one exception, F3B.

F3B, to survive as a Nats Event, needs more support in the form of entries on a year to year basis than it has seen in recent years.

This year is complicated by having the Canada Cup and  F3J World Championships in Canada starting right on our last weekend of the Soaring Nats. We are fortunate to have a very competitive team in F3J this year and the support we can give our team will carry them to the Worlds in Canada with the momentum to succeed.

If you are planning to enter F3B a the Nats this year do not wait too long as F3B and Cross Country are sharing frequencies on the first weekend on a first come first served basis and you may not be able to get your choice of frequencies later in the entry period.

In the mean time if you are planning on entering F3B, please contact me on or off line so I can judge the potential level of entries an plan ahead for a successful F3B event. This is a team select year and I would like to use the Nats as a qualifing contest.

Otherwise, the Nats are begining to shape up as another great soaring event.

Regards, Dave Corven
              2004 AMA/LSF Event Director
              AMA 878, LSF 254.