I have been following this thread, or at least the apparently small part of
this thread that has been publicly posted. I had not posted a response since
I couldn't think of what was causing your problem. Based on the few publicly
posted responses, I still don't have any understanding of the problem and
especially can't imagine how any manipulation of any sort of wax can cause
the problems you described.

My purpose in responding now is to prevent the over complication of what
should be a very simple process. When vacuum bagging solid core wings, the
waxing of the mylars is something which should be very simple and nearly
impossible to do wrong. You simply need to apply some carnauba wax, let it
dry, and then buff it with a paper towel until shiny. The length of time you
wait between application and buffing does not matter as long as the wax is
dry enough so as not to just get wiped off again. No special drying
techniques should be required and no long waiting periods before painting or
bagging should be required.

I commonly paint mylars immediately after buffing the wax or in the case of
unpainted mylars, I commonly do layups immediately after buffing the wax. I
allow the Krylon paint to dry overnight before doing a layup but only
because it produces a better finish quality on the painted surface if the
paint is fully dry before unbagging the wing and pulling the mylars.

After going back and reviewing the earlier posts in this thread I can offer
some ideas as to what the problem may really be although I still can't come
up with an answer that fully fits the description of the problem. The most
perplexing aspect of the stated problem is the statement ; "1/32 to 1/16
inch deep". No imperfection in a finished wing that I have ever seen comes
close to that kind of depth. I'll describe some things that can cause
imperfections on a smaller scale;

I noticed in the original post that you were using West Systems 205
hardener. Perhaps you meant to say 206 hardener. The 206 hardener is
appropriate for vac bagging. The use of 205 (much faster acting) hardener
could cause a few problems;

If you warm the epoxy too much and mix it on a paper plate, then a skin of
cured epoxy can form on top of the puddle of epoxy. When you then use a foam
roller to spread this epoxy on the mylars or the layup, the skin of cured
epoxy gets broken up into little stringy bits that are mixed in with the
rest of the epoxy. There was a time when I would see these little tiny
unexplained stringy things in my unpainted hand launch wings. I finally
figured out what was causing it and turned down the heat on my epoxy heater.
If you use a similar method (learned from my video) but mistakenly use 205
hardener, it is easy to guess that you might be experiencing this problem
and it might be of a greater magnitude (larger stringy things?) than what I
have seen.

Another problem can happen with painted mylars. If the epoxy gets too thick
during the layup process and you are rolling the layup with a foam roller to
spread the epoxy then the paint can be lifted off the mylar. This happens
because the epoxy is so thick that the layup sticks too heavily to the foam
roller and wants to wrap itself around the roller as you roll the layup.
Once the paint lifts, air gets in between the paint and the mylar, and
becomes trapped there since both the paint and mylar are non-porous. The
trapped air bubbles cause a rough area in the finished wing since the air
acts just like a foreign object in the bagging materials and gets forced
into the wing under vacuum. This problem would once again be more likely to
happen if you use a faster hardener.

Jeff Stiefel posted the suggestion that I was most tempted to post myself.
Whenever you see unexplained indentations in your finished wings, you should
immediately think about the possibility of hard bits of crud (frequently
bits of cured epoxy from previous bagging operations) in your bagging
materials. Even a tiny nit of cured epoxy can cause a big dent in the wing
when it is forced against the outside of the mylar under vacuum. These nits
hide very easily in the breather cloth and are easy to overlook.

I really wish people would post suggestions publicly. Perhaps I have
something to learn myself about this. From the little bit that was posted
publicly, I am left wondering how the inappropriate use of wax causes 1/16"
indentations in a vac bagged wing.

Phil